Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Detect Cookies

Why do you ask these questions? Read the information in the link provided. It's all there.

- It does not matter. That kind of data storage is allowed.

- Speculation, but I would think only serious violations will be affected. The goal is to protect the end user, not ruin the Internet.

- Yes. You need to accept their cookie policy in some way if they user your private information.

- Read the article. The only thing that matters is whether your business is directed at EU or not. As Norway is not a member of the organization that is EU, I can pay for hosting in U.K and forget about all this as long as my business is mainly for Norwegians.

It is vague, but do you really think small businesses is the goal here? They want to prevent major companies like Facebook from selling the personal information of EU citizens. I don't really think they will affect your business at all, unless you do something obviously stupid. Use some common sense here. If your customers would be likely to react when told what you save about them, I would say that's a good indication. If they would most likely not, I would say you are on safe ground.

No need to be hysterical about this. Again. Read the article...

• Upvote 2