Larry Ullman's Book Forums

I am going through chapter 9, "CMS with OOP", and I have encountered an error when I finally visited the site (after building a few files first).

I reviewed my syntax thoroughly, then downloaded the files from this site just to see if my code was wrong, but the home page (index.php) still displays the following error:

SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'username'@'localhost' (using password: YES)[/size]

The "pages" table in the "cms" database does indeed have rows inside it, I am using the correct username and password for my database (checked in the mysql command line), and I ran a php_info( ) to verify that PDO is enabled. Can anyone offer a suggestion as to the issue?

I reviewed the forums but saw no question pertaining to this; if this is a duplicate,  I apologize.

EDIT: My search engine of choice is telling me it's some sort of permissions issue, but I haven't found any fixes. Still looking. Now that that's the issue, I'm not sure if this question is still within the scope that the community can answer it since this is a PHP and not a MySQL book. If so, help would be much appreciated!

• Upvote 1