Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Review - Chapter 13

Hi guys, having finished Chapter 13 find myself at the Review section.

I'm having trouble answering the following two review questions:

How would the is_administrator() function be called to check for the same cookie - named Samuel - with a different value? A different cookie - not named Samuel - with a different value? I'm still unsure about this please help!

AND

What would be some other good ideas for user-defined functions wit this site? Hint: look for repeated code. Would printing an error message be viable for a function as this seems to be repeated a lot in the code throughout the project? What other ones could there be?

Thanks

How would the is_administrator() function be called to check for the same cookie - named Samuel - with a different value? A different cookie - not named Samuel - with a different value? I'm still unsure about this please help!

I don't have the book in front of me, but I think I was just looking for:

is_administrator('Samuel', 'some other value');

and

is_administrator('charlie', 'chaplin');

What would be some other good ideas for user-defined functions wit this site? Hint: look for repeated code. Would printing an error message be viable for a function as this seems to be repeated a lot in the code throughout the project? What other ones could there be?

Yes, printing error messages could be. Or a function for creating form inputs (I *think* I had one in this book in an earlier chapter). Or you could create the quote form using a function (this would be a bit more complex), so that the same form could be used to add or edit a quote.