Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Mac Os X Lion Or Windows 7

My woman bought a MacBook about one year ago, i have noticed many developers as you and FaceBook using this for machine for their main web development tool, so i figured since i still have loads to learn i thought i would try it out now. I would say if you are going from Windows 7 over OS X Lion its like writing with your right hand and trying to write with your left hand. Larry i am struggling more more with learning how to use Mac than learning OOP code, its a mind bender and can leave you with a migraine. I just got Zend Studio 9.0 so i installed it to the Mac, i have found it hard to locate, move, edit files etc...

Try removing the differences between them, then you won't be locked to either of them. Both eclipse and netbeans works on both os. The main difference then, is only keyboard. (different strokes for [{$ etc)

FileZilla (FTP Program) also works in both os. Same for xampp (local apache server with php and MySQL).

I like to code php on a Mac simply becose of the dollar variable keys. It took some time, but now I transition between them without a thought.

Non of them are any better than the other really. This is php, a web coding language. Os dont really matter.