Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Its says. "This join is selecting three columns from the messages table (aliased at m) and one column from the forums table (aliased as f) under two conditions." I see only two columns selected for message table message_id and subject, so where is the third? I understand the join clause is the forum_id in both tables.

Hey Larry and HartleySan sorry to but in, but rather than over complicating the situation by adding in a tab on the navbar, would it not be easier for you Larry to add an errata as a sticky post in each book forum. By sticky post i am referring to the other posts you have like "Does your post apply to this book?" That way the errata would be much more accessible at the top of each forum. Then once you receive new errors you can log them all into that sticky.

No, no, Edward, I very much appreciate the input. Adding an errata sticky is a very good idea. It means I'll have to maintain two lists of errata for each book, but if it makes the errata easier to find for readers, all the better. Thanks for the very good suggestion!

• Upvote 1

Another possibility, if possible on IP boards: Add links instead of threads to each book's errata as a sticky on each forum.

You can provide links instead of threads on phpBB3 boars, but don't know if that is possible here.

The combination of two Norwegian minds is always better than one.

Even better! Thanks to Edward and Thomas for the excellent suggestions!

No bother! Just one to replace any negative karma created from my Foreign Keys lame joke.