Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Chaper 9. Mysqli_Connect.Php In Same Folder But Doesn'T Work?

Hello, I am currently in chapter 9 where I want to create a registration form (page 276) .

It tells me to add

require ('../mysqli_connect.php');

I tried putting mysqli_connect.php in a folder above the one that registration.php is in to fit the exact code in the book but it didn't work, then I tried putting it in the same folder and changing the code to

require ('mysqli_connect.php')

But when I try to register I get the error(s):

Warning: require(mysqli_connect.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\phptest\Chapter 9\register.php on line 52

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'mysqli_connect.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\phptest\Chapter 9\register.php on line 52

It's probably something really simple but I'm kind of lost, so help would be much appreciated!

I just tried this, i copied the ch09 folder into my the htdocs folder. The mysqli_connect.php script was already in the same location as register.php which calls for the script. I changed the

require ('../mysqli_connect.php') to require ('mysqli_connect.php') like you did and it worked fine.

So if you are using 2nd case, require ('mysqli_connect.php'), the mysqli_connect.php script must be in the same folder as register.php, otherwise put it below the folder, that would be the htdocs. I tried once before putting mysql connection folders below the htdocs root folder and i get the same errors you are receiving now.

• Upvote 1