Larry Ullman's Book Forums

The Learning Curve

Edward

I was reading some of your Yii tutorials last night and i found i was able to understand more of what was going on than reading the other tutorials. I have some of the Yii books and i found them to be poorly written, it was almost like we were expected to know what was going on already, but i thought that was the reason we were buying the book to be able to read it and find out. I don't know what it is with you Larry, but you can always make good practical common sense out of complicated things which makes them easy for us to understand. I just hope will be able make the final bridge from procedural PHP into the Yii framework, so far the learning curve in your books is very smooth.

Mark my words Larry, when i get my site up and running, i will be back on these forums giving you updates of every possible bug, hacking attempt etc that happens, so you can strengthen your books even more.

As you can see i have slandered some of the authors of the Yii books so now i will have to make a different user name on the yiiframework forums. Its a shame you don't make more for your good work you deserve it. ;)

Well I would but I'm currently on the last section of your book! Another two weeks and i will be putting your code to the test, ive still got a domain and server up and running ready for it with RackSpace, the one i told you about before. I haven't done queries for a long time and i must say i had to think about that query in forum.php in the forum2 site. I know that the queries are okay if you learn them step by step, but that first query kind of went straight into the deep end.

Somebody did there own report on the popularity of frameworks check this out http://www.php-devel...t-in-year-2011/

I saw Yii and codeignitor were similar in popularity.

Oh, and i just bought some new games from gog.com so i have got quite a bit to do. :)