Larry Ullman's Book Forums

How To Plan A Website And/Or Blog?

May be this is an old question. May be I read something about website development planning in one of the Larry's newsletter. But, I don't remember it now. I really want to know in detail, up to the advanced level, how to plan a website? As well as, about the blog.

Is this site, Larryullman.com, a website or a blog? I know the subject for my blog. So that brainstorming is kind of done. What things should I know if I plan a long-term, successful blog where I myself can keep interest of posting new entries?

Now, I that I'm learning about website development technology since a year, I can write many different kind of things. So I keep doing little animations, form validations, AJAX techniques in Javascript, various php-database interactions and so on. But, I still need to know what do I do to make a good blend of all these html, css, javascript, php-database things?

Hope to hear from you all.

Thanks

May be this is an old question. May be I read something about website development planning in one of the Larry's newsletter. But, I don't remember it now. I really want to know in detail, up to the advanced level, how to plan a website? As well as, about the blog.

Is this site, Larryullman.com, a website or a blog? I know the subject for my blog. So that brainstorming is kind of done. What things should I know if I plan a long-term, successful blog where I myself can keep interest of posting new entries?

Now, I that I'm learning about website development technology since a year, I can write many different kind of things. So I keep doing little animations, form validations, AJAX techniques in Javascript, various php-database interactions and so on. But, I still need to know what do I do to make a good blend of all these html, css, javascript, php-database things?

Hope to hear from you all.

Thanks

Finding a PHP framework might be a good idea so you can get on with building the functionality of your website rather than fixing known bugs. Codeignitor for starting and Yii for advanced users are two good php frameworks to take a look at.

• 4 months later...

I start by identifying the functional needs. Then I identify the data that needs to be stored considering those needs. Then I create the database. Then I create the code that interacts with that database.

Agree with Larry, what he said? Before developing any business website first we have to identify all functional needs for that business with required data fields aferthat create a code which proper interaction with the database. It all was about backend, on the other hand on front-end we have to design a website with good web design and user friendly for easily access.

CBIL360WebDesign, you don't seem to add anything of value when you post and I worry that you post only to be able to display your signature in the hopes of building your business. So I've removed your signature to take away that motivation. If you want to help and truly post for the benefit of others, that's great, otherwise I may need to block you as a spammer.