Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Seeking An Image Rotator That Plays With Yii

webdbapps

Hi,

I need to embed an image rotator that renders user profile pictures from the database model. How do I retrieve all images for a given profile? Which rotator is advisable? Where do I wire up reference to its js and CSS files?

Thanks,

Sid

I don't quite follow. Each user has one profile picture and you want to show it for each user? Or each user can upload multiple pictures (that aren't profile pictures) and you want to rotate among a user's set of pictures?

I'm guessing YII allow you to add your own helpers/libraries? Why not find some code/develop and implement it into YII? I think you are over-thinking this one. Without having used YII before, I see they have helpers, modules and some other stuff. I don't know what's recommended, but building a static helper class (helper) might be the best thing here. Pass on a user avatar, possibly save the changed one, then return it back to you.

Changing the avatar could possibly also be a module that allow a user to change their own avatar using some kind of settings. That way, you don't tie the changing of images too your system to much.

I have really never worked with YII, but these are solutions I would've considered myself.