Larry Ullman's Book Forums

How To Edit Existing Pages With Tinymce

I am working to on the first script in the book "Effortless E-Commerce with PHP and MySQL" and have it working the way I want it to work.I am customizing it to fit my particular needs. I have added pages where the administrator can also add or delete pages and categories from the database. I also made it where only the administrator can add the users to the database (no one can register).

There is only one problem I am having and it's driving me nuts and I am hoping that someone can help me.

First, I have added the TinyMCE html editor per instructions in the book ( I love this feature) and it works as it should, the problem I have is how do I edit a page that is already in the database so when I call it to be edited the original text from this page is automatically placed in the TinyMCE editor for easy editing?

• Upvote 1

To edit a page, presumably you're passing the page ID in the URL, as you would with a delete page feature. Then, use that ID to retrieve the page's data from the database. Then echo out the page's content between the textarea tags used for the RTE.

• 3 weeks later...