Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Chapter 18 - Register.Php Sendmail

This really isn't PHP related, but I was wondering if anyone else got the following message when trying to send email from a PHP script such as the one in the register.php in Chapter 18? I am trying this on a Mac running Mountain Lion. I have been searching for a solution with no luck so far. This message is from the mail.log file on my machine.

postfix/sendmail[15136]: fatal: Recipient addresses must be specified on the command line or via the -t option

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Dan

• 7 months later...

I have a similar problem not fixed with the above solution. For some reason, Postfix on my Mac (running OSX 10.6.8) is setting the "From" as coming from the Apache User (_www on my machine), despite the PHP headers and despite the -t flag above. My real-world email server then rejects the email because _www is "Not our Customer (in reply to MAIL FROM command)."

If I change the Apache user to my user name for my real world email account, everything works fine. I have usually had the Apache User set to my login name on my Mac, but have read this is not a good idea, Apache should be running under its own login, so I switched it back to the defaults.

This is esoteric, maybe, but if anyone has advice, it would be appreciated! Meanwhile, I will keep Googling away and reading up, looking for solutions. I suspect the fix is easy, but finding it is not...