Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Connection Errors

I bought the book after reading the reviews and because it's part of the peachpit collection, I thought it would be worth buying. I've read the first few chapters and am trying to start the first example ecommerce1. I'm not new to php and sql before you ask. I think the book is great and there's not much else to choose from on the internet, which is kinda surprising considering the amount of e-commerce websites. I've already touched on subjects that I didn't fully understand before reading this so definitely worth getting and is really a useful manual to have. Please could you tell where I'm going wrong. I think that it could be something to do with my username and password. I downloaded wamp and haven't adjusted any of the settings. I also renamed the path dir in config.inc.php to the following;

define ('BASE_URI', 'C:/wamp/www/');

define ('BASE_URL', 'localhost/');

define ('PDFS_DIR', BASE_URI . 'pdfs/'); // Added in Chapter 5.

define ('MYSQL', BASE_URI . 'mysql.inc.php');

I saved the files in the www directory which can be seen below. These are the errors I'm getting.

Thanks

URL: http://localhost/eco...s_ex1/ex1/html/

An error occurred in script 'C:\wamp\www\ecom_scripts_ex1\ex1\html\index.php' on line 15:

require(C:/wamp/www/mysql.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

( ! ) SCREAM: Error suppression ignored for ( ! ) Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'C:/wamp/www/mysql.inc.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\wamp\www\ecom_scripts_ex1\ex1\html\index.php on line 15 Call Stack # Time Memory Function Location 1 0.0017 253992 {main}( ) ..\index.php:0

index.php line 15

require (MYSQL);

URL: http://localhost/eco...1/mysql.inc.php

( ! ) Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'username'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\wamp\www\ecom_scripts_ex1\ex1\mysql.inc.php on line 16 Call Stack # Time Memory Function Location 1 0.0016 255376 {main}( ) ..\mysql.inc.php:0 2 0.0017 256512 mysqli_connect ( )

..\mysql.inc.php:16

( ! ) Warning: mysqli_set_charset() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in C:\wamp\www\ecom_scripts_ex1\ex1\mysql.inc.php on line 19 Call Stack # Time Memory Function Location 1 0.0016 255376 {main}( ) ..\mysql.inc.php:0 2 0.0164 256744 mysqli_set_charset ( ) ..\mysql.inc.php:19

mysql.inc.php line 16

$dbc = mysqli_connect (DB_HOST, DB_USER, DB_PASSWORD, DB_NAME);

mysql.inc.php line 19

mysqli_set_charset($dbc, 'utf8');

Ok fine, I changed the BASE_URI to C:/wamp/www/ecom_scripts_ex1/ex1/ and now I have other error messages

URL : http://localhost/eco...s_ex1/ex1/html/

An error occurred in script 'C:\wamp\www\ecom_scripts_ex1\ex1\mysql.inc.php' on line 16:

mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'username'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

An error occurred in script 'C:\wamp\www\ecom_scripts_ex1\ex1\mysql.inc.php' on line 19:

mysqli_set_charset() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given

An error occurred in script 'C:\wamp\www\ecom_scripts_ex1\ex1\html\index.php' on line 35:

mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given

$r = mysqli_query($dbc, $q);

An error occurred in script 'C:\wamp\www\ecom_scripts_ex1\ex1\html\includes\footer.html' on line 53:

An error occurred in script 'C:\wamp\www\ecom_scripts_ex1\ex1\html\includes\footer.html' on line 54:

mysqli_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, null given

while (list($id, $category) = mysqli_fetch_array($r, MYSQLI_NUM)) {

An error occurred in script 'C:\wamp\www\ecom_scripts_ex1\ex1\html\index.php' on line 54:

An error occurred in script 'C:\wamp\www\ecom_scripts_ex1\ex1\html\index.php' on line 55:

mysqli_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, null given

while ($row = mysqli_fetch_array($r, MYSQLI_NUM)) {

And http://localhost/eco...1/mysql.inc.php is the same

It's ok I figured it out, default wamp settings, so just used the following in the mysql.inc.php file;

// Set the database access information as constants:

DEFINE ('DB_USER', 'root');

DEFINE ('DB_PASSWORD', '');

DEFINE ('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

DEFINE ('DB_NAME', 'ecommerce1');

Thanks

ok everything works until I register and submit the form, getting the following error;

An error occurred in script 'C:\wamp\www\ecom_scripts_ex1\ex1\html\register.php' on line 115:

mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set()

register.php line 115

mail($_POST['email'], 'Registration Confirmation', $body, 'From: admin@example.com');

And when I forget the password the following error occurs;

An error occurred in script 'C:\wamp\www\ecom_scripts_ex1\ex1\html\forgot_password.php' on line 54:

mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set()

forgot_password.php line 54

mail ($_POST['email'], 'Your temporary password.', $body, 'From: admin@example.com');

Obviously this will effect the change_password.php file. Making it impossible for the user to log back in once the password has been changed. What should I do there?