Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Approaching The Dbms. Tips, Tricks And Tools For The Trade

Antonio Conte

Dude. Not to get pissed here, but you really need to start reading. This is posted in SOCIAL. It's meant to share possibilities, not to discuss fully blown ideas you'll replace your existing systems with because "they are bad ass", "they really scale" or "they make water into wine".

You are right. I just want to code, expand my horizons and know more about existing technologies. THAT is what this thread is about.

As stated, I like to try new things out on small personal SIDE PROJECTS. I won't be using large code bases on anything major, therefor I take time to experiment. If I should like the approach taken by these code bases, and I've learned how the works and tested them, then MAYBE I'll use it on a large project later on.

"Sometimes questions are more important than answers," Nancy Willard

Dude. Not to get pissed here, but you really need to start reading. This is posted in SOCIAL. It's meant to share possibilities, not to discuss fully blown ideas you'll replace your existing systems with because "they are bad ass", "they really scale" or "they make water into wine". ™

You are right. I just want to code, expand my horizons and know more about existing technologies. THAT is what this thread is about.

As stated, I like to try new things out on small personal SIDE PROJECTS. I won't be using large code bases on anything major, therefor I take time to experiment. If I should like the approach taken by these code bases, and I've learned how the works and tested them, then MAYBE I'll use it on a large project later on.

"Sometimes questions are more important than answers," Nancy Willard

Yes Antonio i am sorry you are right it is. I think i have what i want to do so hard coded into my brain that i am almost fighting to defend points i believe in. But the trouble is like yourself you have your own ideas, your own Scale of project which you would like to build to so sometimes we don't converge. I built my project both ways with produral code and oop both work 100% as i tested so far. Even if you build your own project, it seems to me that the way things are done are pretty much the same as the framework is done anyway. Most web sites just run the same way and i think with Yii's lazy loading technique, do you really need to ask for more. I could code my own MVC like that if i wanted but why bother when its already done and now version 1 is probably almost bug free.

"Sometimes there is a time to stop asking questions and take a step foward," Edward

Yeah well i am glad you have learned something here, the only thing i have learned here is that i shouldn't have got involved. When you start to learn more about object orientated programming Hartley you will see yourself that Yii or those MVC oop frameworks aren't such a bad base to work of. They can be changed manipulated and have those inherited inefficiencies as you say can be removed once you get to know them a little better. Anyway i will be doing you to a favor from now on and just keeping out of this. Look at that survery it going to be years before technologies can slidge over. For now what i think we have is just great, many people are making millions from this basic SQL and so called inefficient table joins.