Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Hello Edward. Strange as it may seem, I have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Peachpit's Web site. I'm just one of a thousand writers they work with. If you're having a problem with something at Peachpit's Web site, you should contact them.

• Upvote 1

Talking about Bootstraps imagine Larry you had your own project you would be working on for the next 10 years and no others, with your current knowledge would you just build up your own bootstrap and framework for this project or would you use someone else's, that is considering you had a lot of time on your hands? My guess is you would build your own, am i correct?

No, you are not correct. I don't believe in re-inventing the wheel. Yes, creating my own framework would allow me to get something exactly like I want, but unless I've created a framework (or two) before, I'm going to get some things wrong, which will have serious repercussions later. And someone else's framework will undoubtedly be better tested. I would rather spend my time developing the actual project than creating a new framework when several good ones already exist.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed PeachPit yesterday regarding the book code and received an email from them today, i thought their zero in the code was Q, so it was mistake. I have to say after reading the YiiBook on my mobile device I have come to love the eBooks, its just awesome being somewhere and being able to pull the notes up without carrying around the big book. It also helps you to keep what you are reading private which i prefer. Well now i have that on my mobile i should be able to better my skills for helping members around here if i can get to a thread before anyone else does. :D

What about PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites forth edition would there be a chance Larry you can email me a eBook pdf version of that, i do have the book here.

• 2 weeks later...