Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Boston Php

Christopher Bergin

I want to thank Larry for presenting an engaging talk to the Boston PHP group. The talk covered the essentials of becoming a web developer. All the points mentioned had relevance to me because I'm just starting out. The venue was at the Microsoft NERD Center in Cambridge Ma. and visiting for the first time, I was quite impressed. Everything about the event was wonderful and I even received one of his books for attending. Larry, you may dismiss the idea of a degree in English studies but I wonder if your books would be appreciated today if you hadn't had the background. I enjoyed meeting and talking with you and I thank you again for being genuinely personable and helpful.

Chris Bergin

• Upvote 1

I didn't watch the whole video, Larry, but I liked what I saw.

Your voice is higher than I expected, but other than that, you're pretty much what I expected (and that's not a bad thing).

I did like the direction of your talk.

I imagine that the most common question you hear is, "How do I become a web developer?" and I imagine, it's one of the toughest questions to answer.

I think you handled the presentation well (from what I saw, at least).

I look forward to hopefully more of your talks being posted, and hopefully, someday, I can attend in person.

Thanks.