Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Php For The Web ,5Th Edition

I ​started learning PHP for the web,5th edition..I really like this book, so easy to follow

and very interesting.

After finishing this book which book do you recommend to go to next level in learning.

I have a programming experience long back in Engineering college. After a long break trying to get into IT entry level position.

your book really gave me interest to learn and would like to continue..

please help me out with which book I should buy next..

is it Advanced PHP or PHP and MySQL,,?

Thank you,

Edited by shibani

Thanks for the nice words and for the interest in more of my books. I really appreciate it! After the PHP for the Web, you should read "PHP and MySQL". There is some overlap, but always different examples and it goes into much greater detail. The Advanced PHP book is a bit of a jump from the PHP for the Web.

Hope that helps and thanks again!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the nice words and for the interest in more of my books. I really appreciate it! After the PHP for the Web, you should read "PHP and MySQL". There is some overlap, but always different examples and it goes into much greater detail. The Advanced PHP book is a bit of a jump from the PHP for the Web.

Hope that helps and thanks again!

Thank you for your response.it really helped me in deciding to choose a book. i would definetly buy PHP and Mysql . 

After i finish these 2 books , is it possible to apply for job with out knowing advanced PHP in depth?