Larry Ullman's Book Forums

I have a file that is supposed to collect results from a form and then branch to other files based on that information. I enter the correct info, but the blank form returns with no onscreen error message. The only indication I have of what is happening is in the error file online. In the last attempt to complete the form, the following three error messages appear in the error file:

[21-Feb-2017 11:07:41 US/Eastern] PHP Warning:  print_r(): Property access is not allowed yet in /mysite/includes/config.inc.php on line 34

[21-Feb-2017 11:07:41 US/Eastern] PHP Warning:  print_r(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /mysite/includes/config.inc.php on line 34
[21-Feb-2017 11:07:41 US/Eastern] PHP Warning:  print_r(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result in /mysite/includes/config.inc.php on line 34

They appear multiple times, in mixed up order, a total of 84 times.

I've examined my file and I'm sure there is something wrong that I am missing, but these error message leave me clueless. The config.inc.php file matches the one in the book except for the settings section. No changes were made in the error management section.

Can any one help?