Larry Ullman's Book Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HartleySan

Register Just A Regular Ol' Email Address

Larry, I would like to register my standard (Gmail) address into my profile so that people can send me emails (if they so desire), but when I look at my edit profile page, my only options for contact method seem to be the following:

AIM

MSN

Website URL

Yahoo

Jabber

What should I do?

Thanks.

You've already looked into this more than I have. If you want to look into this online and see if there's a way for me to configure IPBoard to do what you're wanting here, I'll consider doing it.

Well, obviously, I have ultimate "hand" in the design and management of the forum. Obviously. They are my forums and I can do whatever I want. Obviously.

But why don't you think about, for just a minute, how much free time I have to spend to tweak and adjust and research settings and options just to satisfy a particular request of one user. In a forum that I provide for free and that costs me money to operate.

So, yes, if there's a setting I can adjust somewhere that doesn't take too much time, doesn't require hacking the software, and I deem worthwhile, I'll do it, as I previously posted. If this is so important to you, then do the research and provide the solution and I'll consider it, as I previously wrote.