Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Chapter 8 - Fail to visualize the header correctly

Hi everyone.

I'm in Chapter 8, coded the books.php file  (Scrip 8.5) together with header.html and footer.html. 

when I run it the navigation links (Books, Stories, etc.) instead of showing up on the top right part of the screen are displayed as a bullet list below "Raise High the Roof Beam!".

I removed the <ul> and <li> tags in the header.html script and now the links show up without bullets and all in the same row, as per figure D (page 205).

Nevertheless, these links are still below the main title instead of being all the way to the right and on the top row.

I tried with different browsers but nothing changes.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

It's probably not loading the CSS file. Make sure it exists in the proper directory consistent with how the HTML references it. You can use your browser's developer tools to also confirm whether or not it's being loaded.

• Like 1

Thank you so much Larry. The browser's developer tools clearly indicated to me that the two *.css files weren't loaded. The reason is definitely so simple: I actually named the container folder as 'CSS' (capital letters !) instead of 'css', but referenced the files as '/css/*.css'.

Feeling so stupid...and grateful to you.

Thx again!