Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Hi,Larry.

I have a problem. When I use post.php, the information I enter is not displayed on the webpage, but it does exist in the database. Why doesn't the webpage display information? What is the reason? I don't understand.

Thank you for your help.

Jack, I'm not Larry, but I may be able to help. To help though, a little more context may be helpful.

When you post the form data, is it posting to the same script you render the web page from or is it posting to a completely separate script? That will greatly affect how you display the posted data.

Thanks.

On 1/21/2019 at 8:13 PM, HartleySan said:

Jack, I'm not Larry, but I may be able to help. To help though, a little more context may be helpful.

When you post the form data, is it posting to the same script you render the web page from or is it posting to a completely separate script? That will greatly affect how you display the posted data.

Thanks.

Hi,HartleySan,thank you for you help, but please look,if I am doing this right?For example all links

<a href="login.php?lid">

<a hrf="forum.php?lid> 

<a href="post.php?lid>      method="get"

then 

<form action="login.php?lid">

<form action="post.php?lid">   method="post"

right or error?

thanks

Hey Jack. Right now you're literally passing the string "lid" around, which won't do anything. You should double-check how the book does it. (Separately, there's no method for A tags but that's not causing your problem.)