Larry Ullman's Book Forums

New Years Resolutions

benjamin.morgan

I don't really do New Year's resolutions, but in 2013, I'm planning on finishing "The Yii Book" first and foremost. Not sure where else work will take me, but there are a ton of things I'd like to do around the house, and it'd be great if I could finally lose 20 pounds.

Good luck with yours!

I don't really do New Year's resolutions, but in 2013, I'm planning on finishing "The Yii Book" first and foremost. Not sure where else work will take me, but there are a ton of things I'd like to do around the house, and it'd be great if I could finally lose 20 pounds.

Good luck with yours!

I have one friend also a coder that told me he he got good results from the Ketogenic Diet. Also another factor is you must make sure you body has enough water, if water is low wait can't be lost, so although how much you love coffee so much it can dehydrate your body. For this reason myself I stopped drinking coffee and started drinking instead a good old English Breakfast tea.

Thanks, Edward. I'm mostly going with regular exercise and less snacking (like we all know we should).

I think the hardest part for people losing weight is not just eating healthy, but forgetting to exercise (moderately for around 30 minutes a day). Daily exercise boosts metabolism so the calories burn off faster. I like to run, but I know a lot of people that like riding bikes or using an exercise bike.

The problem for me is that I don't like eating healthy! Plus I love coffee.