Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Providing Monthly Content With Different Keys To Access

Hi

I was wondering if the effortless ecommerce book covers "Providing monthly content with different keys to access" by that I mean you register to a site ... every month you are sent a key that allows you to gain access to the relevant months material. I was thinking of an online course that would provide keys to access the relevant lesson files per month rather than provide access to all files at once. The courses can be started at any time of the year so different people need to be given different keys at relevant periods.

Can the above be done using PHP and MySQL?

Does the effortless ecommerce book cover that?

Is there any thing that can help achieve that?

do I need to learn other technologies to do that?

I will be greatful if anyone can advise

Effortless Ecommerce doesn't cover

"Providing monthly content with different keys to access"
precisely but after having read the book, I believe you would be able to implement that requirement. You would need to set up a regularly scheduled job to check if new keys need to be sent which you could probably achieve with a cron job.

The book does cover site planning, set up, database set up and the programming for most of the functionality. The rest you could learn yourself.

In addition to PHP and MySQL, you will need HTML and CSS. Javascript or JQuery and Ajax provide additional enhancements but are not a requirement per se.

Many thanks .... I will be starting the effortless ecommerce book soon just finishing of with PHP and MySQL for dynamic webistes .... I am also doing tutorials online on Jquery, CSS etc

Once again Many thanks all your advise is much appreciated :-)