Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Hi everybody, I want to write a php code that extract numbers say 4567 from an image when you press scan button and then sum the numbers together. I have used one javascript library but I'm having problem in converting the numbers into an array.  pls. I need an help urgently.

I don't know the answer to this one off the top of my head. You might be able to use imagmagick or gimp? I really don't know whether this would qualify as OCR or not? I imagine you'll need to find some software that runs on the server that can do the work, then upload the image via PHP and call the software via PHP through an exec() command. None of this would be easy or obvious.

If you already have a JS library that works for the reading of the image, can't you just have JS do the math, too?

Thanks very much, I am reading a javascript book and is pointing me towards the right direction. If I need any further assistance on this I will post it in any javascript forum. but I'm still coming with a lot of questions on php when I am through with reading PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites, Fifth Edition