Larry Ullman's Book Forums

It'S About The Yii Book Website... Need Help...

Edmond

Hi There,

This is hilarious cuz I was not sensitive enough to avoid that mistake as a web developer.

Ok, the flow how I made that mistake is:

1. I finally decided to buy the cool yii book, so I went to the website and opened the BUY page.
  2. Somehow I chose paypal to purchase rather than just using the payment port on that page.
  3. So I logged into my paypal account which I created few years back when I was in China, it's using the conventional QQMail address as the account email. But currently I'm not using it cuz I am in New Zealand and it's more professional to use the international Gmail...
  4. Typed in card details, transaction proceed, smoothly...
  5. Payment successful! I was redirected back to the book website, I saw the download file and I downloaded it successfully, then I closed my Chrome.(...$_SESSION[user_id] destroyed...)
  6. Then I realised something... I wasn't informed to register on the book site, and how am I supposed to get the book updates later on?
  7. I opened the browser again, managed to login back, ignoring the book I just downloaded... 
  8. Login form obviously didn't make sense to me, so I tried Forgot your password?, I typed in my QQMail address of my paypal account which I assumed it could have something to do with the account here...
  9. Yep, assumption was correct, so I got a message saying that I can login back by checking my mail, so I opened my QQMail...
  10. Nope, no mail received from Larry, tried one more time, Nope, one more time, Nope...
  11. Then I tried to find out why it's happening... the result turned out to be the Chinese government's censorship blocked Larry's website mail services...

So, I was petrified and sent two feedback messages to Larry on the site... I gave him my fancy don‘t-blocktive Gmail account, my paypal receipt(thank havens they didn't block paypal...), wishing I could login again for getting those updates later....

Right, that's my blablabla... I can't focus on the book now, so came here to complain... :blink:  and of course, seek help... :(

You should have received an email about your password, although that was hours ago, so it may have expired. If so, then just enter your Gmail email address in the forget password form and you'll be sent an email that lets you get into the site. 

As for sending me a message in this forum, you can, but please only do so for something that absolutely must be private. If it's anything to do with any kind of technical support needed, I would strongly prefer you create a new topic in the forum.