Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Hi,

I hope someone can help me, i am going crazy.

I am trying to populate the time zone tables, but everytime i try i get the same error message:

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near './mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | /Applications/MAMP/Library/bin/mysql' at line 1

Now, i had read the MySQL manual several times, and tried:

mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql -u root mysql;

somebody suggested using this variation since i am using MAMP:
./mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | /Applications/MAMP/Library/bin/mysql -p -u root mysql;

or this one:

./mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | ./mysql -p -u root mysql

i get the same  ERROR 1064 message. I had check the path to the folders and i am sure is correct, AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

Thanks in advance for any help

MySQL version 5.5.9

Mac 10.5.8

I did read your post on that and followed your advice by removing the +VERSION file, before i asked for help. Still nothing happened.

I think my problem is i have zend framework on my computer, Zend have a copy of MySQL on their package, of course that copy of Mysql have a Mysql database with time_zone tables on it.

Do you think that could be the reason of the conflict??

By the way thank you for the help.

Yes i was doing it from the command prompt.

What i just  did is:

got a copy of the time_zone .frm .MYD .MYI files fully populated and manually replaced the files from /Applications/MAMP/db/mysql/mysql

Completely unortodox but when i run 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM mysql.time_zone_name; ' as a test, i get " COUNT(*)546 " , so it seems that the trick worked.