Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Site administration

Hi Larry,

Seasons greetings to you. Hope you had a good one.

Problem 1

Regarding the site administration section with the following url:

localhost/admin/

When I click on the 'customers' link on the horizontal menu in the admin section, the 'customers.php' page doesn't exist. It just goes to the following url:

localhost/admin/#

I have looked and I can't find the 'customers.php' page.

Qu 1: Can you let me know where I can find the 'customers.php' and script, in order to make the above link work and produce the correct results.

Problem 2

When I click on the 'orders' link in the horizontal menu, in the admin section, in order to view the orders, and then click on the 'customer name' link to view the customer who made the order, I am sent to the following link, and then presented with the following error message:

localhost/admin/view_customer.php?cid=58

'Not found. The requested URL was not found on this server.'

Again, there is no 'view_customer.php' in any of the folders.

Qu 2: Can you let me know where I can find the 'views_customers.php' in order to make the above link work, and produce the correct results.

Thank you.

regards

Happy Holidays to you as well! Sorry for the confusion on these two related issues. Neither of those scripts exist yet--they weren't created for the book and they're not part of the downloadable scripts. But both should be quite easy to write yourself. Just copy view_orders.php and view_order.php and then update the code to change from orders to customers. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions about this.