Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Ex1 Drop Down Menus

Good morning! 

So I'm working on the expanding of the ex1 site and realized I never actually went through fixing what's going on with the drop down menus not showing up. I realized it was missing some bootstrap files (bootstrap.min.js, bootstrap.min.js.map, and bootstrap.min.css.map for anyone else who may run into this issue.) The console is clear, great! Except, now, below is my new navigation bar.

image.thumb.png.aba9f922d64a184567d0e597422ca590.png

image.thumb.png.b7a7c1d31f6ed5df1dcd7e297e7058b5.png

When I log in as a user, the drop downs work as well, fantastic! It just doesn't look the way it's supposed to and I'm confused about that since all I added were the missing files. Nothing else except for the paths currently are changed and I am using the provided 2016 files. The tables on my database are from that sql.sql given. If I am missing any information that may be needed to help, please let me know, I'd be happy to provide more. 

Thanks for all the info. This is almost certainly a CSS issue, although there's a small chance there's an HTML problem. Most likely the path to your CSS file is incorrect. What URL are you using for your site? And where did you put the CSS files? And what paths are you using for your CSS files?