Larry Ullman's Book Forums

I emptied the user table in a test database and when I attempted to register the same user again it said that the email address is already registered.

THEN I completely erased the users table and it still said that the email address has already been registered. This was several hours.

The only table that would have been queried would have been the users table.

Somehow I got this to work but only after I removed my original coding where I had used the coding to prevent SQL attacks. SO I reverted back to the Register.php code that was in the book. THEN I kept receiving the "Please Try Again" error prompt. So I kept ongoing and then the code proceeded to enter users into the database. I don't know what was happening but part of this could have been a server problem. I am not using a local host but working on a live site.

I was also wondering if this book is using, a form functions file, as in previous versions of the book? I do not seem to see it anywhere.

Hey Marie. From what you describe, if the problem isn't with the database then it's with your code. In other words, it could be giving you that error message for the wrong reason.

Looking through the downloaded code, I don't think this book uses a "form functions" file but it does use a login functions file.