Larry Ullman's Book Forums

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot that I started this post and then didn't finish it off. In short, I struggled with Burpe suite, it seemed pretty complex or I was doing something very wrong. And the damn vunerable web app. Was better in that it showed you levels of php security. For instance XSS it would show the low level php code that allowed the XSS to wrok then you could adjust the settings in order to show higher levels of secure php coding that stopped xss being implemented. However from watching video on youtube about it, it seemed to expect that you yourself knew how to do various types of web 'attack'. Such as CSRF and others. Perhaps I missed something.

Are you asking questions about PHP security, or just recommending this app? :)

As I work mostly with data from MySQL, the extended MySQLI is very good. Besides that, mysqli_real_escape_string, checking globals like get and post and checking for empty, unset fields will take you a long way.

No I'm not asking questions on security. I just found a couple of apps and thought I'd try them out. I wasn't even after an app I just read a post somewhere and someone said look at these. You know as you do wandering around the net :)