Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Excerpt Availability; Finding Self-Published Content

BobCochran

Have you published any excerpts to The Yii Book other than the Introduction?

In a more general sense, how can someone like me search for your self-published content? I landed on the Planet Ullman largely through intensive searching of Amazon for a JavaScript book. I'm here by accident. Is there is a website dedicated to self-published content that offers Amazon-like searching and links for purchasing content?

Perhaps I should start learning how to use Library of Congress if I want to locate you? I assume you do have a Library of Congress catalog number?

Thanks

Bob Cochran

Hello Bob,

Thanks for the questions. All of the excerpts from the book can be found here: http://www.larryullman.com/tag/excerpt/

As for searching for *my* self-published content, right now there isn't anything other than "The Yii Book". And that's not done yet. I'm posting the occasional update and excerpt on my blog. 

I don't have formal web site dedicated to my self-publishing efforts right now, because "The Yii Book" is it so far. If I get to a point where I'm self-publishing another, let alone more titles, I'll probably create a stand-alone site for that purpose. 

I do not have a Library of Congress catalog number for "The Yii Book". Right now that's mostly because the book isn't finished. Once it's finished, I'll get an ISBN for it, and it *may* get a LCCN, but that's not a priority for me. 

Thanks again!