Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Registration Problem

Can someone help me?

Ive got little problem. When i try to register ive got error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_password_hash() in C:\xampp\htdocs\sklep1\html\register.php on line 44

my 44 line looks like

$q = "INSERT INTO users (username, email, pass, first_name, last_name, date_expires) VALUES ('$u', '$e', '"  .  get_password_hash($p) .  "', '$fn', '$ln', ADDDATE(NOW(), INTERVAL 1 MONTH) )";

Any one knows whats wrong? please help me!

i tryed to change get for create and its still the same..

function is undefined so maybe im blind but i cant fix it;p

Yeah its fixed now. Thank you for really fast reply.

It was my false because at beginning i just comment "//" this code in my mysql.inc.php file

function create_password_hash($password) {
global $dbc;
return mysqli_real_escape_string ($dbc, hash_hmac('sha256', $password, 'c#haRl891', true));
}

now its working fine. Thank you a lot once again!

sorry for post after post..

Has anyone tryed to use CKeditor? I cant find tinymce..

i change this line <script type="text/javascript" src="/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>

and i try to config this editor but i dont know what should i poot here tinyMCE.init..

or maybe have someone better editor? sory for noob question but im still learning!! 

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/

this page is not working..i download archive with your complete code but theres empty folder :) 

BTW can someone give me little clue how to select category when i want to upload pdf file? I have categories but all PDFs are in PDF Guides.. i need something like ADD new site ,select title,description,category and upload PDF file

thank you for reply! 

sorry for post after post..

No need to apologise but do please start a new topic for each question unless directly related. This is so people with similar questions can search and find relevant answers e.g. What does tinymce have to do with Registration? Also you should have a look at the forum guidelines if you haven't already. There's a link to them bottom right of the page.

One more thing - are you sure you have the right level of experience for this book? It does assume an intermediate knowledge of programming and php and expects you to be able to solve the questions you're asking. You might want to have a look at PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Websites.