Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Placing Webpage (Html/Php) Into Database "Content" Area?

What is the best, most secure option for placing an already existing website (either html or php) into the "CONTENT" area of the database? Can I place the code of the index.php file directly into the area without revealing the location of the URL and other files associated with the site? If so, how do I go about doing this?

I have considered an Iframe and object tag, however the site's URL is visible. Any suggestions and/or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

With the Paypal ecommerce site users who are registered and up-to-date are able to access the "content" area of the db associated with each page. I have been able to place photos, videos whereas these file links/locations are hidden and disguised by the category/page number (page.php?id=2). So basically i have a separate website that i want "embedded" into my main site so that only registered users of the main site are able to view.

How can i add a completely different website (primarily php driven) into this area and also have the URL (file locations) hidden? I have tried an iframe, but the view source exposes the URL.

Hope all of this made sense......thank you for your reply.

I'm still a bit confused by what you want, but you can't hide URLs. You can do two things though:

1) Obfuscate the URLs, so that no one will understand them on first site. See the following for details:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3207337/how-to-hide-an-iframe-url-in-html-source-code

2) Use a proxy script to load resources outside the web root, so that there is no way someone can access the data except through your proxy script. Larry covers this in his PHP/MySQL book.