Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Stored Procedure Test On Xampp

Dear Larry,

I wish to request a full path to the mysql client using XAMPP in order to text procedures given in the book.

The system of XAMPP is meeting the requirement for running procedures.

I am using XAMPP, so, how can I do to have a figure 8.2 and test again the procedure created?

• 1 month later...

I have uploaded my files to my hosting account but when i uploaded the sql it shows an error that #1227 - Access denied; you need the SUPER privilege for this operation.How can I get the super privilige.

But if i remove the procedures from this sql file then it uploads perfectly.

Your script can't find the mysql.inc.php file which is why you're getting the other errors. You need to specify in your include statement the full path to mysql_inc.php using relative or absolute paths. You might want to consider defining a BASE_URL and BASE_URI which is explained in this book.

Also you may need to alter the permissions on your files - I think on windows you do so in the Properties/Security tab, but I'm not really familiar with windows.

thanks alot for your reply.Please see here is my config file settings.

// Determine location of files and the URL of the site:
//define ('BASE_URI', 'E:/wamp/www/ex2/');  when i was using this on wamp this was working on wamp.
define ('BASE_URL', 'http://hassaan.bizsofttech.com/websol/ex2/'); but now i use my hosting server this is showing the above error
define ('MYSQL', BASE_URL . 'mysql.inc.php');

hassaan.bizsofttech.com/websol/ex2/ is my url.what is the problem here please guide.

I'm not sure why my post didn't display?

Try using just hassaan.bizsofttech.com/websol/ex2/ as  the BASE_URL definition. If you can sign into your cpanel, you should see the file path to your root directory - its often displayed on the left side under Home Directory.

Not sure what happened, Margaux. 

The problem here is that the poster is confusing HTTP references with file system references. 

Shah, this book does assume complete comfort with PHP and MySQL. I worry that you're going to struggle with the rest of the material until you get better with the basics of PHP & MySQL Web development.

Dear larry

I am a web developer.I have developed custom websites with php but unable to get your method of developing websites.We make our database without defining procedures and I had not modified .htaccess file before.These topics are new for me that's why i am stuck over here.

Dear margaux

This is my file path in cpanel  public_html/hassaan/websol/ex2

Okay. I didn't mean any offense. I can understand that you've have done stored procedures or used .htaccess before. That's understandable enough for a reader of this book in my opinion. My concern was about the inability to include a file and the difference between using HTTP and the file system for that. Again, no offense meant. 

If you have a page in folder X and mysql.inc.php is in the x/includes folder, then you can just use 'includes/mysql.inc.php' for the value of the MYSQL folder, except when you get to a subdirectory (such as an admin folder).