Larry Ullman's Book Forums

I have been spending several hours trying to troubleshoot the code in Script 13.6 - register.php and can't seem to find the solution. The script won't send the email using the following code:

// Send the email.

$body = "Thank you for registering at the User Registration site. To activate your account, please click on this link:\n\n";

$body .= "http://www.mywebsite.com/dispatch/activate.php" .mysql_insert_id() . "&y=$a";

mail($_POST['email'], 'Registration Confirmation', $body, 'From: admin@mywebsite.com');

// Finish the page.

echo '<h3>Thank you for registering! A confirmation email has been sent to your address. Please click on the link in that email in order to activate your account.</h3>';

include ('./includes/footer.html'); // Include the HTML footer.

exit();

} else { // If it did not run OK.

echo '<p><font color="red" size="+1">You could not be registered due to a system error. We apologize for any inconvenience.</font></p>';

Can anyone help with ideas on what might be wrong?

Thanks.

You don't mention a lot of crucial details. Without them it's impossible to help.

Is your site on a remote webhost or being run locally? What OS is the script on? What version of PHP is being used?

-matthaus

Thanks matthaus. I have part of it figured out. Took another look and now it's sending to two out of three emails. May actually be my email client. I'll check.