Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Paypal Sandbox Not Working At All

Is there another place we could look for an updated version of the paypal side of things?
I can't get sandbox to work - i mean i've gone in and created three test accounts - that's all good. i can type the url into the address bar and the sandbox site is displayed, when i log in with the fake merchant account it takes me to the faux 'paypal' sandbox site. All good, so i click on the merchant tools button and there is the option to create a paypal button.
Click that and it redirects to the regular paypal and asks you to sign in.

the fake account no longer works and you simply have to create a real button if you can even get paypal to load the user friendly version of their site.

I've been at this all day and it just doesn't work full stop.

I don't think i'll find any solutions, just wanted to let others know i've had this problem, maybe you are also?

if there is an update to this anywhere that i haven't seen would be appreciated if you could let me know

The problem still persists - however there is a workaround. 

The problem i get is when trying to create a sandbox button by clicking on the jpeg to create a button, it would redirect to the regular paypal and ask you to sign in. However on the right hand side of the page is a sidebar where there is a link to 'edit buttons' - looks like the same function but this in fact shows there are three default buttons in the sand box, from there you can edit them and access your script. 

Also make sure you clear paypal cookies/ cache from your browser as this can cause trouble.

What a pain in the butt.