Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Yii Cgridview Ajax Unpredictability

Edward

I have built most of the features into a couple of CGridView to finish my scripts. I have a products active Grid and products ended grid. I have added multiple checkboxes in the grids so products can be ended or relisted this works only via ajax call, i have tested this and it works.

However if i keep ending and relisting the multiple items many times in a row sometimes the CGridView grid will not remove the product listings even though they have been ended or relisted but counter still updates through ajax to show the correct readings.

This to me is a strange error as you can't make it happen by doing the same thing you did last time, it could happen after 5 times or 20 times or could be just 2, i guess it depends how the computer feels, who knows? Does anyone have any insight for this kind of problem?

I have a feeling there is something i could have missed here as usually things do work 100% when we have full understanding.

One thing about gridview also is after you update the whole thing via ajax you loose all your initial js features, so you have to add them to the afterAjaxUpdate function to get them to run again. I used the YiiBooster cgridview extension and i noticed the icon tool tips disappeared, so they needed to be added again manually. Anyway it is all kind of fun, learned such a lot recently.