Larry Ullman's Book Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Antonio Conte

Anyone Using Composer Here?

I've been using composer for a while know, but I felt like participating a little bit too.

On a hobby project I needed a priorityQueue, and noticed SPL had one. The problem was that it would dequeue values in random order if several nodes share the same priority. Usually, this is considered a bug for a PriorityQueue, so I decided to fix that.

Here the very small ThomasLarsson/PriorityQueue hosted on Packagist!  And here's a small preview of how I'm using the package.

czAyWmdN.jpeg

Anyone else played around with composer, submitted a package or think this is interesting? :)

I've dabbled with Composer for a while now. I just got done writing about it in the 2nd edition of the e-commerce book, as Zend Framework also uses it now (as does Yii 2). It's a welcome addition to PHP! I'll check out your package when I get the chance.

You better check it out, Jon. I recently implemented a shopping cart solution in under 500 lines of application code. While it was really limited to functionality, it had support for Users, categories, products, sales and general cart functionality. Throw a Stripe facade on top of that (I recently implemented one) and you have a functional Ecommerce-solution. No need to code anymore really. ;)

The packages used where Sentry, (for User auth) Eloquent (The awesome ORM shipped with Laravel).

The job I built this for fell through, but I gained invaluable experience. Composer can't get enough praise from me.

• Upvote 1