Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Using Data Sent From A Different Page.

The code based on chapter ten is available through this link.

I am attempting to INSERT INTO a database table a record that would contain such items as a date and the key from another table in the MySQL database.  In fact, one table is a table of households.

The key of a record in the household table is passed to a script to record attendance information of this household in the attendance table.  So one column in the attendance table is to contain a key from the household table. 

The edit_user.php script in Larry's book sends such a key to a script that contains a "select query".

I can get that one to work very well.

But then I am trying to use the same ideas to send such a unique key to a script that contains a "INSERT INTO" query.  I can not get it to work.

If anyone has a suggestion about what I am doing wrong, please know that I need your assistance.

Thank you.

Wes Smith

• 2 weeks later...

wessmith4....Here is a thought from a newbie..I just used this,,,,,,.

If you want to add a new random key to the attendees in place of your #34.....use php mt_rand() + current timestamp and grab x numbers......ie(-$attendee_id = substr(time().mt_rand(1,100000),6, 9);-).....then use the variable($attendee_id) in your INSERT query....or if you want to use id from household($_SESSION['household']).... try   -$attendee_id=$_SESSION['household'];-then use the variable($attendee_id) in your INSERT query.....hope this helps