Larry Ullman's Book Forums

I have created a database using the script that sends the file to a folder I named /uploads.  I now have 20,000 uploads to my database, all running fine.  I have opened a new domain on a different server and have uploaded the scripts and have created new MySQL databases and have uploaded the /uploads file with all the associated files to the new server.  All runs properly except when downloading the file.  The link is correctly associated to the correct file numbered accordingly and it does start to open, but the files are not opening properly due to that the server I downloaded them from to then upload to my server has a different path name according to tech support on the new server.  Is there a way to download the /uploads folder to my local drive then upload this file to my new server without the path name that the server reads changing? 

It's not a matter of downloading and uploading, it's the fact that the new server may (or may not) have a different path to the files than they had on the old server. Can't you just make a slight adjustment to your code to fix the path for the new server?

• 2 weeks later...