Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Checkout And Subscriptions

Jonathon

Hi Larry

If you want to offer 3 paid subscription plans on a site, say basic, standard, advanced. A user chooses one of these and pays every interval, say a month.

Can you use Checkout to accept the payment and then attach the customer to a plan?

If not, would I have to you create a form, accept the payment, subscribe the customer to the plan?

Thanks

Jonathon

Yes, that's exactly right, Jonathon. The Stripe Checkout took just securely accepts the payment information. Once you have that, you can create a one-off charge, create a customer object, sign them up to a subscription: whatever you need. So in your case, you could take the payment information, create the customer object, then confirm with the user what plan they want, and subscribe them to it. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Good Morning Jonathon, i have a question for you, did you land up going for the Boostrap V2 or did you use V3. I started out with V2 but i then decided to use V3 because the grids were improved and there were different size of text boxes which come in useful. The only problem i think it has is the buttons just really look terrible i thought the flat may work and i have given them a chance but they just make my site look so dry and boring. I think the whole situation leaves me with no choice but to import the old buttons. I am also considering writing a complaint to the boostrap team to see if they can do something about it.

And i think for my website i will do https for all pages i mean come on its 2014 now, we should have the technology good enough to handle this kind of thing by now. We even have alien technology now in this world.

That's very interesting to hear. The grid columns md-col-12 in V3 are very useful you can scale them down to single units md-col-1, that's what i like about it. It took me about 1 week to strip out most of Yii Booster from my project but ive still got some pages to do yet.