Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Tested My Yii Website On A Live Server

Edward

i just put up my yii website on a live server, and i found the results to be quite worrying.

The form pages sometimes only half load on mozilla or chrome and sometimes don't load at all.

The yii verfication image like google's captcha only half loads on the desktop but fully loads on a mobile device, sometimes i may just show the default browser image icon. I had chrome crash with the yii site on the user registration page, strange results, i didn't experience anything like this on my localhost. But strangely ajax functions are working 100%.

On my user/create page the browser show that it failed to GET the page after a page redirect?

Looked at this problem for a few hours now, i have no idea what's causing that.

Hi!  You'll need to provide a lot more information before you can get any real help.  For example:

Server Details

- What OS is it running?

- What PHP version does it have?

- What MySQL version is it running?

Localhost Details

- same questions

Browser (both on your computer and mobile device)

- What type and version?

My guess is that your localhost and deployment server have differences.  This wouldn't be a Yii issue, it would be a configuration issue for your server.

The thing is, the website works on mobile devices but doesn't work on desktop devices, that's the strange thing about it.

I believe this is some kind of hosting problem as i have had hosting before from another company and never had weird stuff like this happening. Ive just done some research into the database and connection but it appears i am doing that correct. Let me call the host and get some help. Thanks for your advice.

By the way i didn't ever think it was a Yii issue but it worries me as i have more than 100 scripts to go through and test, so i could be up for more than a handful of errors to fix online. And how long is that going to take?

I believe i know the solution, i always find when i listen to Larry Ullman and take his actions the results are always positive. I would love to tell you what im going to do but unfornately i can't, it will just have to be left as a mystery........ ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what it was because i changed servers and it never happened on the next one. It seems the PHP script generator was timing out half way down an page for some reason. No idea but the case will have to be closed.

I've moved a lot of sites over the years, and most problems seems to come from php.ini settings. It's a huge pain in the butt until you figure it out. My last longstanding problem was due to bad Apache config from hosting provider though, so you never know. I usually just throw dirt at the wall and see what sticks. No method to it for me. :P

Glad you got it sorted.

Yeah there were a few things not installed for my apache like the PDO drivers so they were missing from the php.ini file configuration. Well i guess at the end of the day once its all done and working its all fun. That's why i love coding more than servers because we have total control over what we are doing and don't have to wait to get things fixed.