Larry Ullman's Book Forums

How To Use The $Page_Title Variable In All Chapters

I am almost finished the book, and I am not totally clear on how to use the $page_title variable that appears throughout the book, do we have to include the following code in the title tag of each php script in order to use $page_title. <?php echo $page_title; ?>. In most of the examples in this book the $page_title variable is used in the script without showing the code used in the title tag. Also since the $page_title variable appears below the title tag when I load the php script in my browser I get an error message saying that $page_title isn't a valid variable. 

Can someone explain to me how to properly use the $page_title variable when writing php scripts. Or is it just easier to write the title in the title tag without using this variable. 

As far as I recall, Larry makes an include file called header.php, which includes the title tags. So long as you declare the $page_title variable before you include the header file, the variable will be set and properly set the text to use between the title tags.

Does that make sense?

• Upvote 1