Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Where Is Html_Quickform2.php Located

I just installed pear and html_quickform2 and everything seemed to go well.

Except...I have no idea where the html_quickform2.php script is located so I can point my script at it.

When I installed pear the installer indicated where it was located (/usr/bin/pear).

The following is all the info I got when I installed html_quickform2:

Studios-iMac:bin studio$ sudo pear install HTML_QuickForm2

downloading HTML_QuickForm2-2.0.0.tgz ...

Starting to download HTML_QuickForm2-2.0.0.tgz (178,224 bytes)

.....................................done: 178,224 bytes

downloading HTML_Common2-2.1.0.tgz ...

Starting to download HTML_Common2-2.1.0.tgz (8,630 bytes)

...done: 8,630 bytes

install ok: channel://pear.php.net/HTML_Common2-2.1.0

install ok: channel://pear.php.net/HTML_QuickForm2-2.0.0

Does anyone know where html_quickform2.php is located??

--Kenoli

Unfortunately, I get a file not found error when I do that.

I am using XAMPP and don't know if that has anything to do with the issue.

I found a version of HTML_Quickform (not ver 2) in one of the XAMPP directories, but it is missing many of the methods in Larry's scripts.  I presume it is something that came installed with XAMPP.

I thought maybe it was stored in a directory that would be appropriate if php were installed in a unix directory.  If it were and I could find it, I could set up a symbolic link.

--Kenoli

Larry -- Thanks for responding to this.

I found QuickForm2.php.  Instead of being where the downloaded script from ch 9 "Advanced php ..."  script expected it, i.e. here:

/usr/local/pear/share/pear/HTML/

It was here:

/usr/share/pear/HTML/

It works now.

Just had to explore a bit to find it.

Thanks,

--Kenoli

• 2 weeks later...

i have found easy solution how to install pear on xamp

Go to the Xaamp control panel and click shell button. It will open a cmd window. Type pear install pear_package_name. (pear_package_name means name of your pear package you want to install). 

For example you can type pear install Net_GeoIP-1.0.0 to install Net_GeoIP pear package. But you need an active internet connection to do this. This also canbe done offline too if you already downloaded the package.

I've been going crazy with my macbook, running OS 10.4.11, with MAMP 1.9.6 (I just realized how old the version I'm running is, on my old macbook) and I'm not that familiar with the Terminal app, so I have to believe that I was doing something wrong trying to install HTML_QuickForm2-2.0.0. It just wouldn't work.

So I downloaded it manually, and have no idea where to put the folder, or files, that's the laugh.

My thinking was to get it working on my older box and then get it working on my latest box, on which I have the latest OS and MAMP 3, if I remember correctly.

I'm sure that once I get it installed I'll have to figure out the changes to the php.ini file but want to see the installation first.

I was also wondering, being the old school sort whose first box was a Lisa (going way back there) and figures out multiple ways of working with things, how you could use the login/logout, register, or even pdo's without the use of the QuickForm php.

Sorry if this got long. Thanks for you help, and your writing.

NY H

Yeah, you need to install PEAR packages using the command line (Terminal app on Mac OS X). 

As for doing the login/logout, register...(this has nothing to do with PDO) without QuickForm, that's absolutely possible. You'd just use standard HTML and PHP approaches. 

I need to learn a bit about Terminal, so I'll look up what I can and give it another try. Just keep getting errors and such.

Thanks Larry, figured I'd try it that way as well, but really want to get this working as you've written it.

Well, terminal gave me >

Last login: Tue Apr  8 14:39:05 on console
Welcome to Darwin!
You have new mail.
harlan-flybox-computer-2:~ harlan$ sudo pear install HTML_QuickForm2-2.0.0
Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:
HTTP error, got response: HTTP/1.1 410 Gone
Didn't receive 200 OK from remote server. (HTTP/1.1 410 Gone)
harlan-flybox-computer-2:~ harlan$

and I'm still not able to get anywhere with it.

But, kind of like steelheading, I don't give up easily.

Hope all are having a good one.

Larry, thank you so much for your help but I'm still getting >

Last login: Tue Apr  8 14:43:30 on ttyp1
Welcome to Darwin!
You have new mail.
harlan-flybox-computer-2:~ harlan$ sudo pear install HTML_QuickForm2
HTTP error, got response: HTTP/1.1 410 Gone
Didn't receive 200 OK from remote server. (HTTP/1.1 410 Gone)
harlan-flybox-computer-2:~ harlan$

Thinking I really need to get to know Terminal and command-line better. New mail?

Could the problem be connecting through wifi?

That would mean either you haven't installed PEAR yet or you have and it's not in your path. If the former, you'll need to install it. If the latter, you'll either need to add it to your path or provide an absolute reference to the command.

• 5 months later...

I have a problem with QuickForm2

I install this from pear

pear install HTML_QuickForm2-2.0.2

I get error:

Warning: require_once(HTML/QuickForm2.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\xampp\htdocs\glory.pc\quickform.php on line 3
Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'HTML/QuickForm2.php' (include_path='.;D:\xampp\php\PEAR') in D:\xampp\htdocs\glory.pc\quickform.php on line 3

In D:\xampp\php\PEAR\HTML is no file QuickForm2.php is QuickForm.php

I fix it, I have download from official site and add folder QuickForm2 and file QuickForm2.php in HTML directory and now it is work fine.

Edited by digor

• 6 months later...