Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Hello Forum!

I realized something strange, why does my login form gets logged in without for me actually typing in an Email Address and Password, in other words when I leave the form empty and press the login button, for some reason it takes me to index.php welcoming page.  The form also logs in when I type some random email address and password, therefore I don't see any error messages whatsoever such as "Please enter a valid email address!". I have no problem with the registration form, changing a new password and logging out. I'm sure all the codes are fine. By the way I am using MAMP to test the pages out.

Thanks.

J.

I still get the same result even when I tried it using the original files! It keeps logging me in without email address and password, and no error messages like 'Please enter a valid email address!' or Please enter your password!'

Okay, I would check your cookies or sessions to see what's being sent when. To explain more, the idea of being logged in is verified by the existence of a cookie or session, so...if you're logged in without actually logging in, that's your problem.