Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Hi all,

Can anyone help re-code the configuration file, script 18.3, using the prepared Statement Performance so that it can be compatible with the OOP (Object-Oriented Programming) MySQL connection script ((Script 16.1), please?

Thanks

Yes, you are right. And I also tried it. You know what? When i define the location of the MySQL connection script in the config.inc.php, using script 16.1, along with the script mysqli_connect.php in Ch 18 for it, the error occurs like this '... on line 15: Constant LIVE already defined'. I know, it's an error!. Then, I commented out the mysqli_connect.php, it requires me to RE-CODE all the files that I used Procedural so far which would take me lots of time.

Do you have any suggestion? because I have to switch to OOP gradually one by one, and the config.inc.php is included in the hear.html file, but not in seperate files. Or should I switch to OOP just because of the point in your book saying that it may be more secure and faster?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not exactly following you here. The configuration file just defines the location of the MySQL connection script. Otherwise, the configuration file should do anything relative to MySQL. So what's the problem/question you're having here?

• 1 month later...