Larry Ullman's Book Forums

I ran into this issue while doing the exercises in CH 9 trying to create the login page.

Fatal error: Fatal error: Call to undefined method HTML_QuickForm2::Submitted() in C:\xampp2\php\pear\HTML\QuickForm2\Container.php on line 489

I got the above results with my login.php file and the login file from the book.

This is the function that is referenced by the error message.

/**
    * Appends an element to the container, creating it first
    * The element will be created via {@link HTML_QuickForm2_Factory::createElement()}
    * and then added via the {@link appendChild()} method.
    * The element type is deduced from the method name.
    * This is a convenience method to reduce typing.
    * @param string $m Method name
    * @param array  $a Method arguments
    * @return   HTML_QuickForm2_Node     Added element
    * @throws   HTML_QuickForm2_InvalidArgumentException
    * @throws   HTML_QuickForm2_NotFoundException
    */
    public function __call($m, $a)
    {
        if (preg_match('/^(add)([a-zA-Z0-9_]+)$/', $m, $match)) {
            if ($match[1] == 'add') {
                $type = strtolower($match[2]);
                $name = isset($a[0]) ? $a[0] : null;
                $attr = isset($a[1]) ? $a[1] : null;
                $data = isset($a[2]) ? $a[2] : array();
                return $this->addElement($type, $name, $attr, $data);
            }
        }
        trigger_error("Fatal error: Call to undefined method ".get_class($this)."::".$m."()", E_USER_ERROR);
    }

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Bruce

I blew everything up and started over.  Saved my files and forgot about my databases; I'm glad this is just "practice".  Installed html_quicKform2 version 2.0.0 and tried again.  I got the same results.  I then used all of your files from the book and it worked!!  Somewhere in one of my files I have an issue. 

I laughed when I read at the end of one of your chapters about creating an error to see what happens....not a problem!

Off to find the needle in the haystack.

Thanks for yhour help.

Bruce

Hey Bruce! Sorry I hadn't gotten back to you, but I'm glad to hear that you got it working. Computers can be such a pain! And sometimes things happen for no apparent reason, and then stop for no reason either. In any case, glad it's working now. 

For the record,  The error I had was in the login.html file.  I had - if($form->submitted...; instead of if($form->isSubmitted...

I will say that I learned quite a bit about pear because of this and I also learned that mulitple files causes multiple headaches when trying to figure out where your errors are.

I did find what I think is an error in the book.  In the users.php file, the function canEditPage(Page $p); should be canEditPage(Page $page).  When I made that change the edit function worked properly.  Not saying that I didn't have another error in some other file :)

Have a great day.

Bruce.