Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Hi,

I'm following the cms example (Chapter 9) in the book. On a pc with xampp with windows 7 operating system and I can't figure out why when I load try to get Quickform2 to load on my login.php page I get this error message:

Warning:require(classes/PEAR_Error.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\site1\includes\utilities.php on line 5

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'classes/PEAR_Error.php' *include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR;/usr/local/pear/share.pear') in C:\xampp\htdocs\site1\includes\utilities.php on line 5

I may be mistaken but I think that the filepath is incorrect for the php.ini set and that when my utilities.php autoload function searches for the pear classes to load it can't find any.

Please help.

Thanks,

je456

Larry,

I noticed that the pear_error class has been deprecated and replaced with the pear_exception class (I am running php 5.5). And after looking at my php.ini file and seeing the correct file path for pear, that is, 'c:xampp/php/pear' I was wondering if the problem could be with the configuration of the autoload file. Is loading php_error a problem with php 5.5 or am I on the wrong track? If so, is there a way to easily fix this, that is, where can I find the config file for autoloading pear classes?

Thanks,

Josh