Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Congrats On The New Forum!

Floydian

Hey Larry, the new forum looks fantastic! I haven't posted in a while because I've been extra busy working out at the gym. I actually lost 145 lbs in the last year. So I've been in "read only" mode any time I've come to your forum for quite some time.

Anyways, good luck with the new forum!

• Upvote 1

Hey Floydian. Always good to hear from you. Huge congrats on the weight loss. 145lbs? That's insane. I'm jealous of your ability to get to the gym. I've got so little time.

Thanks for the post and drop by any time! And keep up the good work (outs)!

Hey Floydian,

Good to hear from you. I noticed you hadn't posted in quite a while, and I was kind of worried that something bad happened. I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. I once lost 65 lbs. over about a 4 month period (after being diagnosed with Type II Diabetes), and I know how hard that is. I'm very impressed with your weight loss.

And Larry, I'm really liking the new forum! It's nice to get the whole page width back for posts, and I like that the individual forums are marked as having new posts, rather than relying on the timestamp of the most recent post. And the syntax-highlighted code is especially cool! Well done!

• Upvote 1

Hey Paul,

Good to hear from you, too. And thanks for the nice words on the forum. Mostly it was a matter of just spending money! I need to figure some stuff out now (like how to get it to show the forum list after posting a message) but I think this is on the right path.

This forum also has the ability to "credit" people (give them points for helping). I don't know how much other people care, but I thought it'd be nice if there was some sort of recognition. Speaking of which, I've never created other moderators before. Is that something that you (and the same goes to you, Floydian) would be interested in? Basically, I like the idea of acknowledging those people that are extremely helpful, but I've always been hesitant to add "moderator" status to others because I don't want you to feel obligated to help out here. Any thoughts are welcome.

Hope you're doing well!

• 3 years later...