Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Phpmyadmin #1146 Errors After Upgrade To Yosemite

I posted this on Apache Friends but thought I'd post here too.

I upgraded to Yosemite. I downloaded and installed the most recent version of XAMPP. I changed / updated the root and pma passwords in the config.inc.php file.

I can see all DBs and tables, but cannot access any tables (!! exception = I can access the phpmyadmin tables). I can create new tables in any DB.

Every time I get a #1146 - Table ... doesn't exist error.  

It is exactly the same problem as described here on stack overflow (with no solution):  

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26438068/xampp-not-working-os-x-yosemite

HELP! Thanks!

If you can see the databases and tables but not access them, it's most likely a permissions error. I'd make the permissions on the old database files match those on the phpMyAdmin tables. You'll need to do this using the Terminal. 

Thank you, Larry.  That's what I think too, but can't figure out how to solve it.  

Could you provide a bit more information as to how to do that?  

I have set passwords for all users and added the passwords to the config.inc.php file.  

Screenprint:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9uvP7GK92uPWmpkV0w4Z1RFdms&authuser=0

Can't think of what to try next...

I'm probably missing something obviously stupid, but appear not to have that file structure:  "-bash: cd/usr/local: No such file or directory"  

My path on a Mac using XAMPP to get to phpMyAdmin is:  Applications > XAMPP > xamppfiles > phpmyadmin

The mysql path is: Applications > XAMPP > xamppfiles > mysql 

If I run the ls -al on this path: Applications > XAMPP > xamppfiles > var > mysql

I get this result: -bash: is: command not found

I'm sure I'm missing something very basic; sorry! 

If you're using XAMPP, then it's 

cd /Applications/XAMPP/

not

cd /usr/local

Except I don't know where XAMPP keeps the databases within the directory, so you'll need to hunt around for the "data" directory. You can do this in the Finder.

Also, the other command is "ls", not "is". 

Just an update: I was never able to fix the problems.

After a while, MySQL simply stopped working all together.
The only thing that ultimately "fixed" the problem was not only to uninstall and reinstall XAMPP, but I also had to manually blow away all the XAMPP folders and files after uninstalling and before reinstalling.
I would advise anyone upgrading to Yosemite to:
- Save off a copy of each DB
- Save off a copy of all PHP / code files
Then it's just an "easy" matter of copying back the php files and importing the DBs.

• 3 weeks later...