Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Main Form Submission Conditional Missing On Page 117

On page 117 Larry forgot to enter this line of code at the beginning of the script. 

if ($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] === 'POST') {

Larry should post a full forum post with all the errors in this book to help us out, it is very frustrating having to try and make scripts work with errors in them, especially when we are not as experienced as Larry. I will post every error I find in this book in this forum as well as the solutions. So far I have found 3 errors in the book and I am only at chapter 5. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Larry

The other 2 errors are that the bootstrap.min.js is not in the downloads you provide. It took me hours to get one of the scripts in the book to work, I think it was in chapter 5 that that file is required. I finally figured out with firebug that this file was missing in the js folder. You should include it in the downloads. 

The other error is that there is no dummy content in the sql file download, in the book it says that the sql file has dummy content but it doesn't.

OK, thanks! With bootstrap, I don't include it (and I don't think I suggest I do) for two reasons. One is licensing. And the other is you, the reader, should use the most current version. Sorry if that was confusing. 

As for the dummy content, I'll work on adding some to the SQL file. Thanks again!